How a Machine is Designed is Pivotal to How it Preforms
- Kitamura’s “Mycenter” Machining Centers are built on Kitamura’s premise of TGA-True Geometric Accuracy.
- Kitamura designs and builds its machines precisely, from the ground up, no short cuts in design and manufacture.
- Hand scraping of all mounted surfaces requiring assembly in order to provide the full surface contact and proper alignment necessary to ensure exacting parallelism and perpendicularity
Accuracy – Hand Scraping
- Kitamura offers scraping in order to provide a high precision finish which cannot be accomplished by a machine.
- All critical machine contact surfaces are extensively and meticulously hand scraped by some of the world’s most experienced machine tool technicians.
- Machine components such as the spindle mounting surface shown fit perfectly each and every time.
Scraping for Geometry, Fit and Performance – Consistent Accuracies
- Hand scraping and hand fitting of components allow for true geometric tolerances and long machine tool life.
- Consistent accuracies of ±0.002mm (±0.000079”) Full Stroke and ±0.001mm (±0.000039”) repeatability are able to be achieved as a result of timehonored hand scraping techniques.
- Kitamura Machining Centers NEVER use electronic straightness compensation to adjust squareness, parallelism or perpendicularity.
Built Solid by Design
- Only the highest grade Meehanite Cast Iron is used in Mycenter Machining Center construction.
- Meehanite Cast construction coupled with our induction hardened, precision ground solid boxways provides the mass, stability and damping necessary to withstand extreme cutting conditions and deliver peak accuracy.
- Our manufacturing process is streamlined for optimum efficiency. All machine components are of the highest quality, and are assembled, inspected and tested by a team of dedicated craftsmen. You’ll find only the finest in a Kitamura.